What Are E-cigs? All You Need to Know About Electronic Cigarettes
What are Electronic Cigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes better known as E-cigarettes have taken the world by storm, fast replacing regular tobacco cigarettes in almost all countries. In fact, the device is being hailed as the best alternative to regular smoking in the world markets today.
E-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like the real thing, so they also meet the psychological or habitual needs of smokers. The only difference is that these devices run on batteries, so there is no real smoke and no burning tobacco.
The popularity of E-cigarettes among heavy smokers is understandable. They often call the product, the only realistic alternative to tobacco products. The best part is that you no longer have to curb your desire for a smoke because of the increase in prices and taxes. Now that e-cigarettes have finally arrived to the shores of New Zealand, you can enjoy your vaping experience without any hassles.
So, how do electronic cigarettes work?
These devices have a battery powered heating element and tank that contains a liquid solution made by combining nicotine, vegetable glycol or propylene glycol and flavorings. The gadget that can be bought in a variety of shapes and sizes usually resembles a pen or a regular cigarette, and it works like a vaporizer.
The user inhales the vapor, which feels a lot like the actual act of smoking, but there is no odor involved and none of the side effects of second hand smoke. This means that people can use them just about everywhere without worrying about the public smoking bans.
Also, because plant matter is not burned and what you are essentially inhaling is just water vapor, you don’t have to worry about filling your lungs with tar and the other 1400 chemicals and 40 known carcinogens that are found in the smoke created by a regular cigarette.
What are the mechanism of electronic cigarettes?
Most devices currently available in the market are made of three major components:
• The cartridge or tank which holds the ejuice or vaping liquid
• The atomizer, which is the heating element; sometimes you may have a combined atomizer , cartridge unit that is known as a cartomizer or tankomizer.
• The battery which powers the device
While the mechanical parts of the device get you the vaping effect, the liquid in the cartridges or tanks is what determines the flavor and nicotine strength. These tanks are available pre-filled or empty. If you buy empty cartridges, you can fill them up with your favorite e-juice. If you own a tankomizer, you simply purchase the liquid and fill it yourself.
You can get larger batteries, which will need to be charged only once a day or once in a few days, depending on the frequency of use or the small 510 batteries which will have to be charged every few hours. Most quality e cigarette kits will come with USB chargers. So, you never run out of vaping power.
In any case, the unit has an indicator which will show low charge. However, this is not the case with the cartridges. If you are using pre-filled tanks, you will simply have to throw away the spent cartridge and insert a fresh one. However, regardless of the type of cartridge used, there is no light indicator to show that you are going low on e-juice. The only differences you will notice will include less vapor and a change in taste. Here at ecig land we only sell the tankomizer versions so you will not have the problem of not knowing when the you are running low as you will clearly see the light start flashing.
What are the different types of E-cigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes are available in disposable and reusable versions. The disposable units are usually shaped like regular cigarettes. Although these are great to get a feel for e-vaping, they can be incredibly expensive and just don’t deliver the performance of a quality electronic cigarette kit. On the other hand, refillable e-cigs can last for years. So, undoubtedly this is a more cost effective option. Here at vaporcigarettes.co.nz we only sell the re-fillable versions with long battery life and clear tanks so you can see when you’re running low in juice.
What is e-juice or electronic cigarette liquid?
One of the best things about using e-cigarettes is that you not only get to control the amount of nicotine but also the flavors. And, you will be shocked by the sheer range of flavors available; from alcohol and spices to the traditional favorites like menthol and tobacco and even foods like pizza and bacon. In terms of nicotine strength, you can go for 32 or 24 which is strong, 16 mg which is regular or 8 mg which is light. Read more about e-liquid here.
Vapor Cigarettes NZ ltd does not sell nicotine based e-juices in adherence with a recently passed legislation in New Zealand.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Electronic Cigarettes?
A number of studies and surveys have shown that there are innumerable benefits of switching from regular cigarettes to electronic cigarettes. Not the least of these is the ability to vape away to your heart’s desire whenever and wherever you want.
In fact, many pubs, bars and restaurants which prohibit smoking do allow the use of electronic cigarettes because the other patrons are not bothered by the smoke or the odor associated with regular cigarettes. However, it would be best to check with the manager first.
Some of the other advantages of going the electronic cigarette way are listed below, or read our article on the safety of electronic cigarettes here.
- You get complete control over the nicotine intake, so it is possible to gradually taper off the amount and quit entirely.
- With no tar or carbon monoxide or carcinogens in the vapors, the risk of cancer and other acute ailments is greatly reduced.
- It is a healthier alternative to smoking
- They are less addictive than regular cigarettes (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.03791.x/abstract)
- You also get nicotine free versions for people who want to kickstart their efforts to quit nicotine input all together
- No more stench of burnt tobacco on your clothes, home or your car
- No smelly breath
- Better dental health and no stained teeth
- You will never have to worry about your loved ones having to pay for your smoking habits with secondary smoke exposure
- Users all over the world are saving $1000 to $2000 per year by switching to electronic cigarettes
- There is no flame and no ashes. So, you don’t make a mess
- The non- flammable unit eliminates the risk of burns on clothing, couches and car seats
- E-cigarettes are easy to use
- Of course, there is a ‘getting used to’ period like with all new experiences, but people do take to electronic cigarettes quickly
- You have a lot of online e-vaping support. For instance, you could visit the New Zealand vaping support forum at www.kiwivapers.com or the site which is the ultimate guide on electronic cigarettes at www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Are electronic cigarettes right for everybody?
These devices are meant to be used by long term smokers as a healthier alternative to regular smoking. However, typical limitations apply to their use such as:
• Electronic cigarettes should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
• They cannot be sold to people under the age of 18
• If you have a medical condition or are on prescription drugs, it would be best to consult with your GP before using e-cigarettes
VaporCigarettes.co.nz does not offer nicotine products!
Under the current legislation of New Zealand, we cannot sell nicotine products to customers from within the country. However, you are legally allowed to import nicotine based e-juices for your own personal use and there are dozens to choose from. See where I personally buy my e-liquid from online here.
The Halo Company Central Vapours e-juice code FastTech VapeFab SpicyVape